Which Operating Systems does JOC Web Spider runs on?
JOC Web Spider runs on the Windows platform only - Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Win7
JOC Web Spider is distributed in a compressed .zip format or executable archive format. If you have downloaded the .zip version, you will first need to uncompress the file using an unzip program such as WinZip. To install follow this these basic steps:
1. Double-click on the executable file (jocws.exe or jocwsNNN.exe where NNN is the version number). This will launch the installation program. Follow the wizard-based instructions. Make sure you are not installing from your Temp folder, or from the same folder as you want to install to.
2. JOC Web Spider will be installed into the Programs menu.
How long does it take to receive my registration code?
An email with your registration information is immediatelly send to your email address after your credit card is aproved (usually a few minutes after ordering). You will find your registration information in that email.
My registration code does not work!
Be sure that you have downloaded the lastest version and that you are using your code with the lastest version.
How to uninstall the program ?
In Windows follow this steps:
1) Select Start | Settings | Control Panel.
2) Double click in the Add/Remove Programs icon.
3) Select the JOC Web Spider aplication.
4) Click in the Add/Remove button.
5) Once the program is uninstalled click in the OK button.
I tryed to download a site but the program does not work!
Check the following:
1) Please be sure that you are using the latest version. If you have previous versions installed in your computer, we suggest that you uninstall that versions first.
2) Be sure that your project file include valid http entries. Check that the entries are accesible using your navigator.
3) If you are using a proxy server, be sure to specify valid proxy settings in "Options | Preferences | Advanced". Ask your system administrator or ISP if you do not know this values. If you are using a direct Internet connection, be sure that the check box "Use HTTP proxy server" in "Options | Preferences | Advanced" is cleared.
4) Be sure that are you connected to the Internet.
5) In "Edit | Local Options | General": - Be sure that the "Base Download Directory" is writable and comes from a local HD drive.
6) In "Options | Preferences | General": - Check that you have enough space in your HD (where the Base Download Directory comes). Decrease the field "Minimum disk space (MB)" if necesary.
How the batch mode feature runs?
This new feature allows to execute the program from the command line to load a project, download the websites and exit the program after the job is done. Simply enter:
JWS project_file.jws /B
From the the command line. (project_file.jws can be any project file).
Before email-us, be sure that your question is not already answered.