Which Operating Systems does JOC Email Checker runs on?
JOC Email Checker runs on the Windows platform only - Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Win7
JOC Email Checker is distributed in a compressed .zip format or executable archive format. If you have downloaded the .zip version, you will first need to uncompress the file using an unzip program such as WinZip. To install follow this these basic steps:
1. Double-click on the executable file (jocecNNN.exe where NNN is the version number). This will launch the installation program. Follow the wizard-based instructions. Make sure you are not installing from your Temp folder, or from the same folder as you want to install to.
2. JOC Email Checker will be installed into the Programs menu.
How long does it take to receive my registration code?
An email with your registration information is immediatelly send to your email address after your credit card is aproved (usually a few minutes after ordering). You will find your registration information in that email.
My registration code does not work!
Be sure that you have downloaded the lastest version and that you are using your code with the lastest version.
How to uninstall the program ?
In Windows follow this steps:
1) Select Start | Settings | Control Panel.
2) Double click in the Add/Remove Programs icon.
3) Select the JOC Email Checker aplication.
4) Click in the Add/Remove button.
5) Once the program is uninstalled click in the OK button.
I cannot connect to my email server.
1) Be sure that you are using a POP3 account. Webbased email accounts (yahoo.com, hotmail.com etc) cannot be handled with this program.
2) You must have all your valid account information: A) Host Address (Normally mail.yourprovider.com or pop3.yourprovider.com or pop.yourprovider.com) B) Username B) Password. Ask your ISP or system administrator if you do not know this values. Or use the same values entered in your email client program. Enter this values in Options | Preferences | Accounts.
3) Be sure that you are connected to the Internet and that you can access to the POP3 account using a normal email client program. (Eudora, Netscape Messenger, Outlook Express, etc).
4) Note that when using JEC to remove unwanted messages, your email client cannot be connected to the same pop3 account.
I can log to my email server, but I cannot remove the messages
Possibly the problem is that your pop3 server closes the connection BEFORE you close the connection with JEC.
We advice to close the connection with JEC (hotkey F9) IMMEDIATELLY you have deleted the messages. If you connect again (the same pop3 acount) using JEC your SHOULD NOT see now the deleted messages.
Before email-us, be sure that your question is not already answered.